ARE WE THE RIGHT SOLICITORS FOR YOU?
Here are some of the many reasons why our client's instruct us:-
- We are a specialist Criminal Law firm. We do not take on family law, housing law or civil law matters, our Solicitors are experts in their field and our focus is solely on criminal law.
- All our Solicitors are all Company Directors - We are a team of very experienced advocates with over 100 years combined experience and are committed to providing the highest quality representation and looking after our clients.
- We hold the Law Society's excellence standard in legal practice (LEXCEL).
- 24 hour/7 days a week/365 days a year police station representation across Norfolk and Suffolk, free of charge to you.
- We have offices in Norwich and Thetford, and so are easily accessible. Our Norwich office has free parking for 2 hours opposite and is next to the train station. Our Thetford office is close to the bus station and has free parking located behind.
- We are willing to travel to represent you at courts and police stations across Norfolk/Suffolk and the UK.
- Good working relationships with very experienced and highly successful barristers. Over the past 35 years we have compiled a directory of experienced and trusted barristers we have regularly used and have a proven track record of providing outstanding advocacy and getting excellent results for our clients.
- Simple and transparent pricing structure - we provide all our clients with hourly rates, breakdowns of anticipated costs and offer fixed fee agreements in respect of many magistrates court offences.
- We hold a government awarded contract to represent clients who wish to apply for legal aid.
- Our staff are friendly, supportive and always have time for you.
It is important you instruct someone who has expert experience and training in that field, that you are kept up to date with the progression of your case and that you are comfortable talking to them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are your office opening hours?
Our Norwich and Thetford offices are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5:00pm.
Do you offer out of hours advice and representation?
Yes - we are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year to advice and represent you if you are to be interviewed by the police. We also represent clients on Saturdays and bank holidays at Court.
Do ACT Solicitors offer free legal advice?
Yes, we do offer;
- Free initial phone advice on all criminal and motoring matters 9.00am - 5.00 pm, Monday- Friday.
- Free police station advice and representation - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What do we need to bring to our first appointment?
- any case papers you have
- If you wish to apply for legal aid evidence of your financial position as outlined below:-
- If you are receiving benefits - national insurance number and proof of benefits.
- If you are employed - 3 months wage slips and 3 months bank statements
- If you are self employed - your last tax return, your last 12 months accounts.
- If you are funding your case privately, please bring with you personal identification:-
- One item of photographic ID, such as your passport or driving licence and
- Two items that show where you live, such as a utilities or council tax bill or bank statement.
HOW DO I INSTRUCT ACT SOLICITORS?
Please contact our office on 01603 610611, email us at email@example.com or complete our contact form on this website.